- distinguish between and compare similar shapes and congruent shapes, using a variety of tools and strategies
- determine, through investigation using a variety of tools and strategy, the relationship between the height, the area of the base, and the volume of right prisms with simple polygonal bases
Language: Oral Communication
- 2.1 identify a range of purposes for speaking and explain how the purpose and intended audience might influence the choice of speaking strategies
- 2.4 use appropriate words, phrases, and terminology from the full range of their vocabulary, including inclusive and non-discriminatory language, and a range of stylistic devices, to communicate their meaning accurately and engage the interest of their intended audience
- 2.7 use a variety of appropriate visual aids to support and enhance oral presentations
Number Talk about the relationship between the height, the area of the base, and the volume of the Rubik’s Cube. Number Talk about translations, rotations, and reflections and congruent shapes.
Choose one algorithm or step in solving the Rubik’s Cube and create a brief instructional video or oral presentation to show someone how to be successful.