Mathematics: Geometry and Spatial Sense
- sort and classify quadrilaterals by geometric properties related to symmetry, angles, and sides, through investigation using a variety of tools and strategies
- construct polygons using a variety of tools, given angle and side measurements
- identify, perform, and describe, through investigation using a variety of tools rotations of 180o and clockwise and counterclockwise rotations of 90o, with the centre of the rotation inside or outside the shape
Mathematics: Patterning and Algebra
- extend and create repeating patterns that result from rotations, through investigation using a variety of tools
Ability to navigate with a web browser and to follow a self-directed tutorial.
These lessons provide opportunities for teachers and students to gather evidence through teacher, peer, and self-assessments; and learning goals and success criteria. See Growing Success: Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting in Ontario Schools, Chapter 4 for more information.
- Computer (PC, Mac, Chromebook or Linux)
- Success Experience Chart
- Challenges Experience Chart